March Madness

March Madness

            As we all know, March is well-known for hosting its massive college basketball tournament consisting of the best 64 teams in the nation. Each team is seeded correspondingly, and then must move on. If you are anything like me, I love watching college basketball so I always make a lot of brackets. However, although I watch a lot of basketball and know the teams well, I always end up with a worse bracket then my sisters, who all pick the winners based off how “cute” their team’s name or mascot is. It is very humiliating.

            Although it sucks to lose to my sisters who have no college basketball knowledge, March madness is still a ton of fun. For instance, this year both of my Thursday classes were cancelled. So I sat in my dorm with the Michigan State versus Mississippi State game on my tv, and the Creighton versus Akron game on my laptop. Periodically, I switch between games. I realistically don’t think I moved for 3 hours, and the only reason I ended up moving was because my friend wanted to watch the rest of the games at his house. The first day of the round of sixty-four was awesome.

            Even if you’re not like me, you can still enjoy this massive tournament by being around friends and family. It is an awesome experience being able to watch basketball, be around friends and family and play board games or party games. The sweet 16, which is the final 16 teams that remain kicks off tonight and I am very excited. There were a handful of big upsets in the first round, so I’m curious to see who advances. All in all, March madness is an awesome time.

Comments

  1. I am definitely like your sister when it comes to doing a bracket. I go based on the mascot as well as the cool names! My dad is definitely more of a basketball fan than I am so when I go home that is what we are watching. Hopefully your bracket will be better than your sistsers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts