Greek Week : Greek Sing

 Greek Week : Greek Sing

  On Monday Ohio Northern held their annual Greek Sing event, which is a fun event where fraternities and sororities sing and dance to their own versions of popular songs. Personally, I am not in a fraternity but I decided to go because one of my close friends Zach is in Sigma Phi Epsilon. The event was nothing short of amazing. Seeing loads of people fill out the Kinghorn gym and have a good time was great. The atmosphere was spectacular too, every frat and sorority were cheering each other on.

There was a great display of performances and creativity that night, but my personal favorite performance was from the Sig Eps. Their theme was the 1950s but they ended up throwing everyone a curveball for their last song. They transitioned from one song into Super Bass by Nicki Minaj which is clearly not 1950s. When they started singing and dancing to that song the crowd erupted. Their entire performance didn’t disappoint whatsoever.

            After the Greek Sing me and my friend Zach went to paint the Sig Eps banner for the following day. We grabbed some McDonalds and played some music while doing it. Zach introduced me to all of the other Sig Ep guys, and ironically I already knew a good portion of them. This experience alone has made me consider joining a fraternity. Around 11:30 P.M. we called it a night and Zach drove me back to my dorm. Before I left we sat and showed each other some of our favorite songs. We got a little carried away, and in a flash it was almost 1:00 A.M.

            All in all, it was a great night and it changed my entire perspective on fraternities and sororities. I feel as if joining Greek life helps people get involved around campus, so I might end up giving it a try!

Comments

  1. I loved that you went to Greek Sing, its such a fun time to watch what every fraternity and sorority does for their performances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek Sing was so much fun! I knew it was a large event, but I didn't picture that many people attending. I just thought it would be the Greek community, I didn't expect so many spectators to come. It was a blast to watch each of the Chapters perform and I was enthralled the entire time! I suggest looking into Greek life because it truly is a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts